Housekeeping Assistant Job Description for Monzie Estate.
We are a small private business running a number of self-catering cottages and B&B in the Crieff area (three miles outside of Crieff). We are looking for a dedicated individual(s) to join our expanding team. The chosen individual(s) will be required to primarily assist with holiday cottage changeovers, but also with laundering linen and towels and laying out continental breakfast at our B&B
- Customer friendly, both in your own appearance and when you come into contact with guests.
- Must clean to our exacting high standard of cleanliness
- Must be mobile (have your own transport) and be prepared to be flexible with working hours
- On occasions you may be required to work on your own
- We envisage on average 20 hours per week between 11am and 4pm (8am for breakfast assistance). During high season extra hours are available.
- We are also looking for casual staff who may be able to work 5-10 hours a week
Dependent on experience £9 per hour plus benefits (holiday pay, pension, etc.)
Is to deliver the highest standards of cleanliness/presentation within our 4 cottages and B&B accommodation, and to maintain the flow of clean laundry for all our accommodation on the estate.
Main Duties/Responsibilities in each cottage/B&B
- Open curtains /blinds in all cottages/rooms
- Strip all dirty linen from beds /place dirty linen, towels into laundry bag, check mattress and all protector’s and replace if necessary, remake beds.
- check under all furniture, for any dust/rubbish.
- Dust all furniture inside and out
- Clean windows and ledges
- Hoover carpets
- Mop floors
- Clean out fires /and reset for next guests
- To make sure all baskets are filled with kindling, logs, fire lighter’s and old newspapers.
- Remove all rubbish from cottages and deposit into the big wheel bins but where possible please recycle using the correct bins ..
- Clean bathroom’s, toilet sink/bath/shower / floor and tiles, replace toiletries towels, bathrobes and slippers.
- Living room, tidy up /cushions/throws and shake out all rugs
- Clean mirrors /tv units / shelving
- Tidy up all books and DVD’S on shelf
- Kitchens ..wash dishes and put away ..clean all surfaces hygienically check and clean out fridge /dish washer / washing machines /cookers and replace any items missing
- Check food dates in cupboards..
- Clean out and refill hot tub in one cottage
- Replace flowers in cottages
- Deliver brownies and wine to each cottage
- Bring down all of the dirty linen
- To set up for a continental breakfast in B&B
- To maintain security in all accommodation
Knowledge, training and experience required to do the job
- Have the ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Have the ability to follow instructions
- Possess good communication skills
- Be calm, focused and able to cope with working under pressure
- Have a working knowledge of cleaning skills, procedure and equipment.
- Have some knowledge of Health and Safety procedures / C.O.S.H.H.
- To carry out your work effectively and safely
- To be flexible
- Have an outgoing personality
- Have the Ability to Multitask
- Some food experience is desirable
For more information and for any questions, please contact Lynn Bingham, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01764 650095